The Lithuania Philatelic Society publishes an illustrated journal, containing from 40 to 130 pages, usually twice a year, which contains in-depth philatelic articles on Lithuania, as well as society news. It is written in both English and Lithuanian.
Journal of the Lithuania Philatelic Society (ISSN 2381-5884) is distributed free of charge to society members and major libraries in Lithuania. Production is currently on a bi-annual basis. Editors are now accepting articles for 2015/2016 Winter issue.
Preview the current issue of the LPS Journal and view table of contents for the current issue.
Table of Content and preview of recent journal issues.
Aims and scope
The journal helps facilitate communication among collectors of Lithuanian philatelic material in advancing the field through new studies, and reaching out to collectors at all levels.
- Accepted Articles Lists – Listings of recently received philatelic articles in advance of publication
- Email ToC Alerts – Receive table of contents email alerts as new journal issues are complete
- Article Archive – For LPS members, Article Archive allows online access to key philatelic articles
- Back Issue Purchases – New members and non-members can purchase a complete set of back issues in PDF format directly from the LPS
- Subject Matter – All aspects of Lithuanian philately, including topical or thematic philately, are acceptable as subjects of articles in the journal. Articles submitted for publication in the LPSJ must not at the same time be offered to any other journal or publication.
- Reprinting Articles – The LPS Journal does, however, consider reprinting articles of general interest to the membership when they have appeared in obscure sources which may be difficult for members to obtain. Please contact the editor to determine if a reprint is appropriate.
- Submission Guidelines – The preferred method to submit the article is via email in an attached WORD file. To reproduce well, image files must be saved at a resolution of 300 dpi or higher, preferably in TIFF format (JPG format is acceptable). For electronic images, name the files by the illustration number plus your last name: 01JAuthorName, 02AuthorName, etc and send as email attachment(s). Do not name images by their subject matter (e.g., Memel1938). Readers like rich captions. Each caption should be full and descriptive of the image.
- Submission Deadlines – Our journal is now published twice a year (Summer and Winter issues) – articles should be submitted no later than May 15 or Nov 15 to be included in the upcoming issue.
About the Editors
The Journal of the Lithuania Philatelic Society has no external editorial board. Instead, all editorial decisions are made based on the manuscript’s validity and coherence. Currently, Dr. Audrius Brazdeikis serves as the Editor of the Journal. Information about the background of the editor may be found here.
Advertise your products, services and events in the LPS Journal. For more information about advertising in print, contact us by email or online.