BBOOTS

general stamp collecting discussions
 #733  by Audrius

Scott 2013 catalog lists many price changes of classic Lithuania stamps. For the first time, starting from Kaunas Color issue (1920), set price values are given for mint, used and never hinged (unmounted) conditions. Adding new "never hinged" condition valuation, resulted in a significant re-pricing of hinged mint stamps, which makes a perfect sense.

The Scott catalog value reflects the retail price that you can expect to pay for a stamp in the grade of Very Fine with no faults.
 #754  by albump

Scott has broken out a lot of different sets to focus on the classic period. I just bought the Baltic 1918-1941 pages and it contains Central Lithuania and Memel. I think they would sell more pages if Amos would allow customers to buy the nations and time periods they want, rather than force collectors into "kits".
 #756  by Audrius

albump wrote:Scott has broken out a lot of different sets to focus on the classic period. I just bought the Baltic 1918-1941 pages and it contains Central Lithuania and Memel. I think they would sell more pages if Amos would allow customers to buy the nations and time periods they want, rather than force collectors into "kits".
I completely agree with you. I have been buying Scott catalog pages from "chirokmd" for last 3 years and never looked back at those "kits". Recently, Scott also came out with an iPad app - electronic version of Scott catalog, which is a fantastic idea. Unfortunately, their pricing policies have remain the same - the same as for printed volumes.