BBOOTS

various postal history related discussions
 #529  by pantadeusz

I see that our followers like puzzles, stumpers, contests. Maybe someone would like to sponsor a monetary gift of 50 or 100 euros for the Christmas holidays to that individual who will submit a scan of a 1918 - 1940 cover or card from Lithuania with THE MOST CANCELLATIONS ON ONE SIDE OF A CARD OR COVER. But let's set a certain minimum - say five cancellations? They do not have to be different. We see that there is a following among certain members of SOCK-ON-THE-NOSE cancellations on separate stamps. Now let's see who has the most cancellations on a single side! I'm sure Santa will appear with a nice gift to that individual who has the most such cancels. Say we have a cut off date of December 18 or so? As a requirement, you have to own the item and provide evidence of both the front and back. Scans from auctions, internet cites, philatelic literature should not be accepted. After all, we want to see WHAT YOU HAVE - IN THE FLESH! :D Start digging boys and girls!
 #531  by Audrius

Nice try. We have a very similar project elsewhere on our LT-language forums

9 various postmarks and cancellations
LT-1921-Kaunas-Phildelphia-PA-reg-postcard-a-sm.jpg
15 various postmarks and cancellations

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #532  by pantadeusz

You did not follow the rules of the game. Besides, that registered cover from Birzai you illustrated I just bought in an auction from England.
 #533  by Audrius

pantadeusz wrote:You did not follow the rules of the game. Besides, that registered cover from Birzai you illustrated I just bought in an auction from England.
Oops, I guess I was just too excited about this contest :lol: Congrats on purchasing that cover!

I am still open for other original ideas.
 #534  by pantadeusz

No one said you have to play the role of Santa! :o You have to be plump with a white beard to fit the picture - and if I remember correctly, you're young and slim! :?: Lets see what others came up with! The main thing is that we are having fun - and besides, a contest like this is educational. Too bad you cropped up your registered card to Philadelphia. Would have been nice to see that regi card in full! :shock:
 #535  by Audrius

pantadeusz wrote:Too bad you cropped up your registered card to Philadelphia. Would have been nice to see that regi card in full! :shock:
Try it now (click on image to enlarge)
 #762  by Audrius

Another cover with extensive markings - 12 various postmarks and cancellations
LT-1930-Simnas-reg-rev.JPG
LT-1930-Simnas-reg-av.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #763  by albump

That's pretty neat. It looks like the Philidelphia cancels are from the 20th to the 23d, with several of the same date. Did the postal clerk go a little overboard with the canceler?
 #769  by vitg

I also like the spelling of Fairmount Park in Philly ;)
Or Rodin Museum for that matter :roll:

Audrius, this card was on eBay just recently and I was planning to buy it just because it made me smile... But then forgot to bid. Did you purchase it?