BBOOTS

general stamp collecting discussions
 #971  by albump

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Can any one explain Scott C 36 on the album pages? Misprint? I use the Scott album pages for my general Baltic collection. In the Lithuanian airmail section, I have a blank space that says above it "Unwatermarked" and in the space "60 C Rose, C 36". Looking in the Scott catalogue and in Jankauskas I can find no evidence of any such issue. Scott notes, "Most copies, if not all, of the unwatermarked varieties show faint traces of watermark, according to experts." Thanks for any input.

Al Bump
 #972  by Audrius

albump wrote:I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Can any one explain Scott C 36 on the album pages? Misprint? I use the Scott album pages for my general Baltic collection. In the Lithuanian airmail section, I have a blank space that says above it "Unwatermarked" and in the space "60 C Rose, C 36". Looking in the Scott catalogue and in Jankauskas I can find no evidence of any such issue. Scott notes, "Most copies, if not all, of the unwatermarked varieties show faint traces of watermark, according to experts." Thanks for any input.

Al Bump
Hi Al,

Good to hear from you! I don't have Scott album pages, but it sounds like a misprint. For some unknown reason, Scott catalog skipped C36. The 60c rose stamp in question is C34 unwatermarked variety (Michel 222y).

Audrius
 #973  by vitg

Audrius wrote:
albump wrote:I have a question that I hope someone can answer. Can any one explain Scott C 36 on the album pages? Misprint? I use the Scott album pages for my general Baltic collection. In the Lithuanian airmail section, I have a blank space that says above it "Unwatermarked" and in the space "60 C Rose, C 36". Looking in the Scott catalogue and in Jankauskas I can find no evidence of any such issue. Scott notes, "Most copies, if not all, of the unwatermarked varieties show faint traces of watermark, according to experts." Thanks for any input.

Al Bump
Hi Al,

Good to hear from you! I don't have Scott album pages, but it sounds like a misprint. For some unknown reason, Scott catalog skipped C36. The 60c rose stamp in question is C34 unwatermarked variety (Michel 222y).

Audrius
Agree with the above.
Antanas Jankauskas lists the unwatermarked variety under 222x2 - page 122
 #974  by albump

vitg wrote:
Audrius wrote:

Al Bump
Hi Al,

Audrius
Agree with the above.
Antanas Jankauskas lists the unwatermarked variety under 222x2 - page 122
I appreciate the input from both of you, and I'm glad to know that I'm not missing an obscure variety. As much as Scott pages cost, one assumes that there are no errors.