BBOOTS

let others know about your collecting interests
 #179  by pax_voyager

Good evening. My name is Jeremy and I am interested in Lithuania stamps pre-1940. I am specifically interested in collecting used Lithuanian stamps with cancellations from various towns and villages, specifically Eishyshok and Popishok. Does anyone have any stamps like these they could post an image of?
 #181  by Audrius

pax_voyager wrote: I am specifically interested in collecting used Lithuanian stamps with cancellations from various towns and villages, specifically Eishyshok and Popishok. Does anyone have any stamps like these they could post an image of?
The most comprehensive catalog that we have today is "P.O. Cancels in Lithuania” by Vytautas Fugalevičius (2nd ed. 1990). I only found two cancels from town Eišiškės (Eishyshok also Ejszyszki). I could not find anything from Popiškės (Popishok).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #183  by pax_voyager

Audrius, thank you very much for posting these. They will be helpful to me in finding stamps with the cancellation. How does one obtain a copy of the book you mentioned?
 #185  by Audrius

pax_voyager wrote:Audrius, thank you very much for posting these. They will be helpful to me in finding stamps with the cancellation. How does one obtain a copy of the book you mentioned?
This postmark catalog was a limited print run and is out of print. It is hard to find, but not impossible. I'll let you know if I see one up for sale.
 #1006  by vitg

Or may be this one ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.